Friday, January 6, 2012

Barbie Case update

I've come across a slight design flaw in my carrying case. The drawers are much flimsier than I would like. If this is truly going to be played with, they need to be sturdy. It was also brought to my attention that sometimes felt pills, and with daily play this could be a problem. I hadn't thought about that, but Barbie girl isn't here enough for that to be a HUGE issue, I don't think. However, it does pose another problem. I think I'll post the felt version and supplement after the fact a cotton fabric. That means I'll get to pull out the sewing machine and maybe do some embroidery on regular fabric which I haven't done before.

For another update, I believe I'm well on my way to a pretty good method of organizing all of my craft materials. I have another couple of ideas rolling around in my head, but I'm going to get some pictures of what I'm using for embroidery floss and my felt/fabrics. I did also get a rolling drawer unit from Joann's the other day for projects in progress. Since I do all of my crafting in one of my main visitor areas, I feel it's important to be able to craft and still have some semblance of order for both my guests (I hate a cluttered house) and myself when I get back to crafting after I've had to put things up for awhile. We'll see how it works out. It will be nice to have the attic for a craft room for both my husband and I when it gets vacated. That means an upstairs heater and A/C, but I think it will be extremely helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment